Welcome back! Check out all the new, exciting changes happening!
Updated 7/15/19 (Please keep checking back for more additions)
Work Orders/School Dude
We are now using a new Help Desk system.
State Reporting website for our District:
To keep up to date with the state reporting needs, handouts and documentation, please use this page:
- SchoolDude Help Desk - It converted to a new work order system called "HelpDesk" we hope it will be easier and more intuitive for staff who need technical assistance.
- ClassLink - This is a new single sign on system for all staff and students where passwords begin to be something of the past. Instructional Technology Coordinators (ITC = Dan and Deanna) and IT will be providing training to staff throughout the year.
- Mobile Guardian - The mobile device classroom management system to allow teachers to manage student Chromebooks while in class. Also, it will allow parents to manage student Chromebooks that are taken home to be able to filter web sites as well as schedule times where students can access their devices or not.
- New WIFI access - New WIFI access points were implemented over the summer in Harrison, CCMS, CES and MVCKS to increase wireless access in every classroom for the roll-out of new Chromebooks to students.
- 70" LCD TV's and Carts for Middle Schools - Every Middle School classroom will have a new tv and cart as well as a Chromebit device to be used for presenting digital content to students. These tv's will replace the old projectors.
- New Staff in IT - Please welcome Mike Helfrich and Michael Hawver who were hired with the IT Department over the summer to replace Rachel, Christina and Chase. Chase Welchen has moved up into the role of IT Repair Specialist. Elizabeth Gamache's role has also been changed to SIS Coordinator, providing the same great support but also emphasizing on coordinating and administrating state reporting needs for the district.
Renaissance Place: Three changes coming to Renaissance Place use this year:
New students available sooner
New students will be available in Renaissance Place (for STAR Math, STAR Reading, and STAR Early Literacy tests) much quicker this year. Due to a change in the way student records are maintained in Renaissance, students should be present in the system the day after the enrollment "start date" displayed in Infinite Campus.
Teacher accounts will use district usernames from now on
Teacher and staff accounts in Renaissance Place will use regular "district usernames" instead of whatever special RenPlace usernames might have been used in the past. Existing passwords have not been changed -- whatever password was being used last year is still being used this year, too.
Student accounts will use district usernames AND passwords
Starting this year, students will use their regular district usernames and passwords (that is, the ones they use to login to district computers) to access Renaissance Place. Up until now, students had a special RenPlace username and probably used "abc" as the password. Now, all student accounts will be keyed to district credentials.
Instructional Technology Department
Canon City Schools is proud to bring on-board new, standards aligned, engaging resources for four critical K-8 areas this year. Dedicated committees worked throughout the spring of the 2018-2019 school year to ultimately make resource recommendation to the Board of Education in June. All of the following resources were approved, and are currently en route to our schools:
Additionally, we'll be running a pilot on Elementary Science this year at Lincoln School of Science and Technology, again using the STEMScopes product for K-5 implementation:http://dev.stemscopes.com/home.php
Canon City High School Breakfast $2.00, Lunch $2.75, Free/Reduced No Charge
Elementary School Breakfast $1.25, Lunch $2.50, Free/Reduced No Charge
The Universal Free Breakfast Program has been discontinued for the 19-20 School Year for all schools except Harrison and Washington schools.